Playing is very important in a child’s life. More than most people know. Not only that the child learns to use his or her motor skills, but it also helps with social interaction and brain development. Lucky for the parents, there are plenty of ways to keep a child occupied through play. There are all sorts of playgrounds, toys, and activities in which a child can participate.
When your child is a toddler, the period in which he or she can appreciate a playground, you must do your best to provide all means necessary for a healthy playtime. While going to the park is beneficial for your child, you may already know that not all playgrounds are equipped with toddler toys. I am mostly referring to swings because they seem to be among the favorites, which is why you should consider buying a toddler swing for your home.
Why a toddler swing?
There may be some of you that do not know the difference between a regular swing and a toddler swing. If you are at your first child and had no interest in such things until now, that is perfectly understandable. However, you should know that the differences are not enormous. Most important of them is the one regarding the child’s safety. While regular swings come in various forms, they do not have a ‘bucket’ in which the toddler can sit safely so that he or she does not fall. In the end, everything revolves around safety.
The benefits of a toddler swing
As a parent, you benefit a great deal from a swing. Children benefit even more. If you do not feel convinced, here are a few reasons that will help you understand why a toddler swing is significant in your life.
- There will be fun – let’s not forget the most fundamental purpose of a swing. A toddler will have a great deal of fun while on it. Laughter, as we know, is essential in a child’s life, which is why you need to invest in it. Have some fun with your toddler and create lovely memories. He or she will probably not remember, but the effects of a happy childhood can be seen far off into the future.
- You will understand the importance of play in your child’s development – according to studies, playtime teaches children to use their motor skills, but it also has a significant role to play in their social skills and brain development. Children who use tools like swings will often want to go to the park and socialize with other kids, something that is crucial in their development as social beings.
- You do not have to go to the park every time – if you purchase a toddler swing at home that means you do not have to go to the park everytime your child wants to play outside. As I mentioned somewhere above, not all parks are equipped with toddler swings, and it may be difficult to go to a far away park every single day. Yout own swing means less trouble when you are tired. Your child should not have to suffer because of it.
How to choose the best toddler swing?
As you can imagine, there are hundreds of available models on the market. You can choose whichever one of them. However, avoid buying the first model you see so that you do not end up with a low-quality product in which your child is not safe. Try to consider a few things first. Here is what you need to look at.
- Material – there are plenty of available materials from which you can choose. The plastic toddler swing is cheap and reliable enough, but I would not trust it completely. My recommendation is that when in doubt, always go with a wood toddler swing. The material is sturdy and reliable, and wood is not so rough on the edges as plastic.
- Safety – safety is that one aspect that you should look at first. Before purchasing a particular product read about it and make sure that there are no dangers in using it. I am referring to the sturdiness of the ropes, but parts of the swing where the child may get hurt as well. Usually, all models come with specifications. Ideally, look at the standards that the swing meets. That way you will know that the swing has been tested and no problems have been reported.
- Outdoor vs. indoor use – some models are designed to be installed outdoors, while some are made to be put inside the house. However, you should know that there are models that can be mounted in both environments. That way you do not deprive your toddles of the swing during the winter.
- Ease of installation – not all parents are skilled DIYers, which is why ease of installment is convenient. Usually, swings are not challenging to put up, but you still need to know how to do it.
- Ease of cleaning – we are all aware of the fact that toddlers are not the tidiest little people, which means that the swing will get dirty a lot. Also, there can be dust or other nasty elements that will find their way to your swing. Choose a smooth material that is easy to clean. If you go for wood, make sure that the wood is properly treated and that cleaning is not an issue. Also, keep in mind that you cannot use any kind of cleaning solution on wood.
- With or without frame – while most people go for a toddler swing without a frame, you can also find swings that come with one. It is easy to choose frameless models because chances are that you have trees around the house and you can always use one to install the swing. However, if you do not have a suitable tree or all of your trees are too young to be burdened, choose the product that comes with a sturdy and reliable frame.
- Weight capacity – although this aspect is at the bottom of the list that does not mean it is not as important as safety. As long as your child does not weigh more than the recommended capacity of the product you choose, you can feel safe. Keep in mind that children are considered toddlers until the age of 5 years old, but not all toddler swings can withstand a 5-year old. Make sure that you read the specifications carefully.
What are the best toddler swings?
When you go online, the search for a toddler swing can be confusing. That is because there are so many of them from multiple manufacturers. As I said before, do not buy the first one that you see and consider all the things above before you hit the buy button. If you like, you can choose one of the suggestions below.
Sportspower My First Toddler Swing
Sportspower is a manufacturer that produces a vast variety of sports and outdoor equipment, and according to their clients, they do an excellent job at providing high-quality products at affordable prices. My First Toddler Swing is no different. Hundreds of parents bought the swing and declared themselves more than satisfied with their choice.
The toddler swing from Sportspower can be installed both inside and outside, and it is suitable for children from 9 to 36 months old. It is the ideal setting for this age category, not only because it is extremely safe, but it is colorful, and the child will have a great time playing in it. It comes with a sturdy powder-coated steel frame that ensures maximum safety and durability. As far as the structure is concerned, you have nothing to worry about. You are not to worry about the installation either. The set may come with a steel frame, but it weighs only 14 pounds, and the instructions are quite clear.
If sturdiness is not enough for you, the swing set from Sportswear features a safety harness on a single nursery seat. That means you do not have to worry about the safety and security of your child. As long as you place the harness correctly, there is no possible way your child is going to fall off the swing. Moreover, just to ensure that aspect, the product meets and exceeds ASTM safety standards. Once your child does not play with the swing anymore, you can just fold it down for easy portability and storage. The weight capacity is maximum 55 pounds. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
EcoTribe Wooden Horse Swing Set for Toddlers
The EcoTribe toddler swing is the product environmentally conscious parents buy. It is made of wood, and there are no chemicals involved in its manufacture, which eliminates any fear of contamination you may have. In fact, this product is in compliance with the US Children’s Product Certification guidelines.
Just as the title suggests, the swing is shaped like a horse, which will make playtime a lot more fun for your toddler. It is hand-carved from birchwood, which is not treated with chemicals, and the ropes are made from all natural cotton. The swing is suitable for children aged from six months to three years old, and the maximum weight capacity is 44 pounds. The child will be secure in the seat. The surrounding support will keep the toddler inside, and he or she can use the handles to hold themselves.
The swing can be installed both inside and outside. You can put it on a tree, on the porch, or even inside. The product is designed to last, which means your child will have fun with the swing until he cannot ride anymore. Moreover, the swing is gorgeous, and you can keep it as an heirloom. I think it is safe to say that this is not the kind of item that you throw away. The assembly is very easy to achieve, and the package contains everything you need for a safe and secure installation. You will receive the instructions, the ropes, the steel rings, and the clips. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing
This model is very similar to the ones you see in the park. It is perfect for any toddler, no matter the age. In fact, this toddler swing is one of the most durable on the market. It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds, which means that it can be used since the child is old enough to ride a swing until he or she does not fit in it anymore. Also, the swing is suitable for toddlers who need to learn how to use a swing.
The toddler swing from Squirrel Products is designed to be installed outdoors. It has a durable construction, and the bucket is made of high-quality materials. The seat is made of sturdy plastic, and you will receive galvanized hardware, which means you can use it for years. The package includes 66 inches of strong chain and 30 inches of plastic coated chain. That will make your child more comfortable while swinging.
Keep in mind that this model is meant for residential use only. Make sure that the place where you install the Squirrel Products toddler swing is stable and strong enough to withstand the maximum weight. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
All three swings seem to be strong and durable, which is why they all have excellent online reviews. However, my personal favorite is the EcoTribe Wooden Horse Swing Set for Toddlers. The shape makes it fun for your toddler, and I always had a thing for wooden swings. They look original, and this one is lovely. That is why I believe it is one of the best toddler swings you can find.
Playtime is an important factor in your child’s development, and a swing is ideal. Not only that you will have a happy child, but you will also encourage your kid to strengthen his or her core. Allow the child to use the motor skills that are so needed throughout his or her lifetime by purchasing one of the models above. You will not regret it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Swings for Toddlers Guide
- Kids, Work and Baby Swing Set
- Outrageous Swing for Baby Tips
- The Definitive Handbook to Toddler Swing Set
- The Mystery of Kids Swings That Nobody Is Talking About
- The Lost Secret of Backyard Swing Sets
- The Fight Against Outdoor Baby Swing
- The Hidden Truth About Childrens Slide
- The Fundamentals of Play Set Revealed
- Outdoor Swing Sets Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Swing and Slide Set and What You Need to be Doing Right Now About It
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Slides for Kids
- The History of Outdoor Swing Refuted
- The Meaning of Infant Swing
- The Downside Risk of Swing Sets for Sale That No One Is Talking About
- An Actionable Guide on Garden Swing in Step by Step Order
- An Actionable Plan on Best Baby Swing in Simple Step by Step Order
- The Most Popular Backyard Playsets
- Most Noticeable Wooden Playsets
- The Truth About Wooden Swing
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Kids Slide
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Playground Sets and What You Should Do Today
- Facts, Fiction and Metal Swing Sets
- The Importance of Kids Swing Sets
- Possible Danger Signs on Toddler Swing You Should Be Aware Of
- The Hidden Treasure of Baby Bouncer Chair
- Choosing Baby Swing Chair Is Simple
- Playground Equipment Reviews & Tips
- Playset Features
- The Outdoor Playsets Cover Up
- Get the Scoop on Baby Rocker Before You’re Too Late
- The Wooden Swing Sets Chronicles
- The New Angle On Baby Bouncer Just Released
- A Guide to Baby Swing
- Outrageous Swing Sets Tips